Last updated: 21 April 2023.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, age, username, password and other registration information, financial and bank account information, personal description, information with regards to your business, any information about you or your business that you revealed in photographs which you uploaded to our system or provided to us (or which you permit us to take) and any other information that you choose to volunteer, when you:
- register with us, log in through or when use our App;
- submit while managing your jobs and/or work through our Apps;
- call a client, send a text message, check replies, clock in start and finish time of jobs, change payment method, change the price of a job, upload photos, cross sell, leave a task or a comment in a booking file, or otherwise provide or enter information via our App;
- complete any voluntary surveys we may ask you to participate in from time to time;
- correspond with us by telephone, post or email or via the instant chat function on our websites and our apps (in which case we will keep a record of that correspondence); or
- report any problem with any job whatsoever.
- Information that we may collect automatically each time you use any of our apps:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device (“Device”) you use, mobile network information, your mobile operating system and your time zone setting;
- details of your use of our App, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs, photos and/or videos, contact details, and other communication data or information, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may also use GPS technology or other location technology in connection with our App to determine your current location. This will be the case, for example, if you use the BFantastic app to manage your jobs (for further details see the End User Licence, which is available in-app). Some of our location-enabled services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing your location preferences in the settings menu on your Device.
How we use your information/We use the information you give to us:
We use the information you give to us:
- to administer any account, you may have with us;
- to assist and allow you to manage your jobs;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to communicate with you about any comments, complaints, queries or feedback you might have about us, your jobs or the clients;
- to notify you about any changes to your jobs or the services provided to you by us;
- to ensure that content on our apps is presented in the most effective manner for you and your Device;
- specifically, we will provide your data to the client whose job/s are allocated to you, for the purpose of providing a professional service. This information may include (i) your name and contact details; (ii) the details about your company and the services you will provide, together with any information relevant to the service; (iii) the non-binding quote provided to the client; and (iv) your payment details.
- We or any member of our group may use your name and pictures on our website to promote your services. This could include featuring your profile on our or one of our group member’s website’s homepage, search results, or other relevant pages. We may also use your name and pictures in marketing materials to promote our services or our group members’ services to potential customers.
We use the information about you that we collect automatically:
- to administer our apps and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to carry out our business, allocate jobs to you, assist with the customer service and in carrying out your day-to-day work;
- investigate, resolve or pass on to the relevant authorities any complaint or any issue or claim you might have with or against a client or any issue or claim a client might have with or against you;
- to improve our apps to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your Device;
- to improve the quality and efficiency of our products and services;
- to allow you to manage your jobs and workflow;
- as part of our efforts to keep our websites and apps safe and secure;
- to measure or understand our effectiveness; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you.
We use the information about you that we collect from other sources in combination with the information you give to us and the information about you that we collect automatically. We reserve the right to use any and all such information for any other purposes related to our and your business and any and all of our and your clients.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom and Bulgaria. We have in place a level of security appropriate to the nature of the information stored and the harm that might result from a breach of security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or app, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites or our apps; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If 1st Online Solutions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- We believe, in our absolute discretion, that you are in breach of any agreement between you and us, and/or we believe, in our absolute discretion, that you might be in breach of any agreement with a client and/or any other third-party related to us.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our End User Licence, and/or the Franchise or Partnership Agreement and/or any other agreements we might have with you; or to protect the rights, property or safety of 1st Online Solutions Limited, our customers, or any other third-party related in any way to us. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- If you do not make payments that you owe in relation to any agreements you have with us, clients or any other third parties related to us, in which case we may disclose your personal data to credit reference agencies and to fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention. We may also disclose your personal data to debt collection agencies which may use your information to trace your whereabouts and recover the debts. The information which we provide to such agencies may in turn be provided by those agencies to other organisations which may use your personal data to perform similar checks. Information recorded by fraud prevention agencies may be accessed by organisations in other jurisdictions.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us using the contact details in paragraph Contact us below.
The General Data Protection Regulation also grants you the rights: to know about and access the information we hold about you, to request changes to your personal information if it is erroneous or misrepresents you in any way and to request a copy of your personal data, ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data, or to have us completely erase it.
Additionally, you can limit the personal information you share. The only way we collect personal information is when you provide it to us voluntary. Any personal information that is given to us will generally be retained for as long as your account is active or for as long as it is necessary to provide a service or operate our business unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
If you have more questions or you want to exercise any of your rights, contact our team by sending an email to email@example.com. We will then review your request and get back to you within 30 days. You can also reach out to The Information Commissioner’s Office, who will be able to advise you on how to submit a complaint.